Srinivasan Narayanamurthy joined the Advanced Technology Group of NetApp in 2011. Srini’s work at NetApp centers around storage security and distributed systems. He also maintains an active interest in many topics in classical theoretical computer science and computational complexity theory. Before coming to NetApp, Srini worked at RSA Security from 2007 with the Advanced Development Group on areas such as virtualization security, novel schemes for AuthN and AuthZ. Srini holds a Ph.D. from Anna University and a bachelor’s and master’s from Madras University.
Journal reviewing: ACM Transactions on Storage (2011-Present), International Journal of Network Security (2008-Present), IEEE Transactions on Secure Computing (2010).
Conference refereeing: ICRTIT (2011-2014), ICAET 2010, RSACONF 2009, CoSec (IMSAA) 2009
- Storage Security
- Distributed systems
- Srinivasan Narayanamurthy, Kartheek Muthyala, and Gaurav Makkar, “WORMStore: A Specialized Object Store for Write-Once Read-Many Workloads,” Proceedings of IEEE 22nd International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS), September 2014.
- M. Nikhil Krishnan, N. Prakash, V. Lalitha, Birenjith Sasidharan, P. Vijay Kumar, Srinivasan Narayanamurthy, Ranjit Kumar, and Siddhartha Nandi, “Evaluation of Codes with Inherent Double Replication for Hadoop,” Proceedings of 6th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems (HotStorage), June 2014.
- Jayanta Basak, Kushal Wadhwani, Kaladhar Voruganti, Srinivasan Narayanamurthy, Vipul Mathur, and Siddhartha Nandi, “Model building for dynamic multi-tenant provider environments,” SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, Volume 46, Issue 3, 20-31, December 2012.
- Tutorial on “Encrypted Databases in Cloud,” IEEE 4th International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), April 2014.
- Tutorial on “Cloud Security – A hands-on experience,” Workshop on Cloud Computing, Government College of Engineering, Bargur, November 2013.